So Long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersehen, Goodbye...

Obviously, the porch roof is gone. Looking down from the bedroom window, you can see the top of the foyer. This is what I saw this morning... notice anything interesting? Other than that there's no roof?



How about now? Yep. Those are snakeskins. There are actually four in there and one on the ground...and one more here...



 hanging from the ceiling.
(I apologize for the lack of cool editing effects, but this is a really, really old iMac and nothing runs on it anymore...) So I have to wonder how long the snakes have been living in my porch roof. Things that make you go, "hmmm."




"So, how's it looking?" Glad you asked...


From the "porch," looking down...
















In all of its full-on glory...





This picture makes me laugh. Do you see Rypien in the window? Poor cat has been banished to the inside...it's making him crazy!



Now, here are some pictures to try to make sense of what's coming next...quite possibly tomorrow. This is the front of our foyer. It's built onto the porch floor and was covered by the porch roof. The problem is that those steps you've been looking at are about five feet in front of that door, and about 8 feet from where the new door will be. 



Wait! Did I say problem? No problem...see? There are the original steps...under the porch. :) The top step ends where the door is now, but there appears to be a concrete "porch" that goes to where the door will be. And if it's not good enough, I know where I can get some bricks.


That's it for now, but before I go, I wanted to share a picture of something I found in the bushes...
This was Aiden's. We've been in this house for a LONG time. But how did that child lose a shoe in the bushes????  Ah, raising boys. You just never know...




Comments