More of the Same...

So I'm coming to grips with losing the porch and having a REALLY goofy looking house for awhile. (Because a Tyvek wrapped house isn't interesting enough, now it will have two sets of steps and a totally flat front. Which brings me to another one of my "issues." I don't like cars without luggage racks. I think they look odd...even unfinished. And every house should have a porch. Does that validate my OCD?) Anyway...on to the water leak.

WAIT! I forgot to mention that we had to have an AC guy come out and take the power boxes for the air conditioners off the wall. That may be the only uneventful event of the entire project. Thanks, Chuck, for making that part easy! Call Chuck's! Them's good people!

Back to reality...

A great big truck came early in the morning and tried to haul off the overfilled brick dumpster. No go. Another great big truck brought in a great big dumpster to haul off the porch debris. In the process, one (or both!) of the great big trucks mangled the blacktop driveway and managed to bust the main water line coming to the house.  Wanna see?

If you look carefully, you can see the water running down the driveway. It's all in the shade, of course. Even the water knows it's WAY too hot to be outside.
And if you look, even uncarefully, you can see the big hole full of water that the plumber made when he looked for the broken pipe.

Isn't this fun? Yes, that's my shadow. I take lots of pictures. The guys working will yell "cheese" and pose when I come outside. 

So now we're at the point where we know the porch is leaving. No hope. The plumber has managed to slow the leak, but the pipes could have conceivably been installed in the 40s, so there's not much left for a patch to grab on to. Can you say major repair a'comin'? Well, you don't have to say it. I already know it, and if you say it, I'll consider it taunting. And that's just mean.






Comments