Friday, Friday...

Porch is leaving.
Water leak is patched.
Brick removal continues.
The wasps just keep on coming back from the dead. Wasps? Oh, yes. Wasps. The poor guys working on the house have been stung multiple times. Even after I hung backwards out of upstairs windows and soaked nest after nest with spray. Mark went out on the roof and soaked nest after nest. The guys working went through about 12 cans of spray. We bought 12 more. The wasps keep coming. I'm beginning to wonder if we have a zombie infestation, but I think that's a different topic for a different day.

Where was I? Oh yeah. The fireplace. So, it's over a hundred degrees here this week. The sky is bright blue, and just cloudy enough to hold in more heat. Perfect day for opening a wall.



...After

Before...



















These guys are so funny. After they pulled out the fireplace and carried it outside, they came around the side of the house, stuck their heads in, and yelled, "See you tomorrow." Yeah. I laughed. And then made sure they were kidding. I wandered off to grieve the porch some more, and I hear Eliseo yell, "it's raining!" I laughed. No way was it raining.

Wrong.

It was. And it was coming from the north. Yep. The side with the gaping hole in the living room.  Just a reminder... Big hole.



Storm clouds are a beautiful sight in Texas in the summertime. Unless of course, you have a gaping hole in your living room.

Always the quick thinker...here's my solution. It worked. Adequately. Needless to say, they got a board cut pretty quickly and spent the rest of the afternoon covering the holes that they had supplies for.

I did take the opportunity as they were leaving to holler out the door, "See you tomorrow!"

They didn't find it amusing.
Here's where we are as of Saturday. A mostly naked house, a destined to be eradicated front porch, and an umbrella in the driveway marking the hole where the broken water pipe lies.











I've spent the past few days trying to get anyone in the area to come pick up some bricks so we don't have to pay for yet another dumpster.
And my kids are learning that they don't really want to do outdoor manual labor as a career in Texas.












On to the nightmare of finding a front door solution...

Comments