Doors. And Bricks. And Fireplaces. Oh my.

We went to Lowe's and Home Depot yesterday, looking for doors. Of course, I wanted a French door, but that ain't happenin'. Special orders take up to 3 weeks. We really don't want to go that long without a door. I realize that I may be spoiled, but I like to have a door on my house.

So, why do we need a new door? Here's our foyer.

From my front porch, looking in.
(Any country music fans out there?)

Fish. Mourning the coming loss.
 Like that big crack in the floor?
From the inside out...
(Your turn, contemporary
 Christian music fans!)
















You can see that the foyer is part of the porch. Which means that it's leaving. Which means that, right there where that big crack in the floor is? That's where our new front door will be. Which means that you'll walk into our house into a windowless, narrow hallway. Hence the French doors. Hence my disappointment at not being able to put in French doors. Hence too many repetitions of the word "hence."

So we went door shopping. I hate doors. Well, I apparently hate affordable stock doors. But I digress. Here are our choices...

No miniblinds inside.
With miniblinds.
No grid with miniblinds.

More light.
Probably what we're getting.
My favorite. Sigh.
Special order.
This one's okay.




























My thought is that if we get the one with a full pane of glass, it will let in more light and the dogs might not tear up the paint on the bottom of it trying to see who's/what's out there. And we can eventually get a really neat screen door, since that's what people will see anyway. No matter what, though, the house is going to look really weird; wrapped in Tyvek and with no front porch.

I'll let you know how today goes. In the meantime, need any brick?


PS: I almost forgot! We're going to retrieve the fireplace and put it in the backyard. Maybe next to the bathtub.


Comments

Post a Comment