Happy Things This Week:

Alright, so I know I'm not up to keeping up with 100 days of happy like all those "I'm-going-to-say-I'm-going-to-do-somthing-for-x-days-and-I-really-will" people out there.

I also know it's been VERY easy to dwell on the negative lately.

And, I know I haven't blogged in a long time.

So I thought, "let's combine some stuff and roll it all into a big burrito of yay."
Yeah, I just said that. It makes me happy. Deal.

Okay. My week started on Sunday because my calendar said so. So Sunday I went to church, (Yay!), and then came home and took five tests that officially made me a "Google Qualified Educator!" Woo hoo! I applied to attend the Google Teacher Academy here in Austin in December. Wish me luck. :)

Mondays are always hard, because we have late start. This means my kids and I have to go to school at the normal time, but Austin has extra band practice and Aiden has to hang out in my classroom for an extra hour while I go to a meeting. But this Monday had a fun little bright spot. Actually, two. Just little random things that made me happy. And they both happened in my roughest class.

One of my extremely limited-English-speaking young ladies brought me a container of Clorox wipes. She wanted to make sure my white board was clean and smelled good. And she wanted to be able to help clean my tables on Fridays. It wasn't an "ebola panic" thing. It was an "I like to be helpful and this is something I can do" kind of thing. Awesomeness.

I have vocabulary words taped to my tables. I used old packing tape, and some of the words were peeling up. One of my 6th graders brought really colorful tape FROM HOME and proceeded to retape all my words back down to the tables!! Out of the blue. I looked over and saw him walking around, and then I realized what he was doing. No warning, no comments. He just pulled tape out of his backpack and got busy making my classroom look better. Again, awesomeness.

Last night, I got to hang out with my kids, my parents, and most of my brother's family at my nephew's middle school homecoming game while he played in the band. (Percussion, of course. All the boys in our family who are/were in band are in the percussion section). Logan was FABULOUS! Of course.

And Austin taught a bunch of random kids how to Yeet. Yes, apparently that's a real thing. It sort of looks like this...



He was having a blast...and so was his Gramma. Check out the video of him teaching her...


Then when I got to work today, there were three big boxes of headphones delivered to my room for the computers! AND, there was a tech dude standing in the hallway with a DVI card for me to install in my PC so I can run the projector and the monitor from my teacher computer without having to unplug stuff.

AND, I got to install it myself!
AND, I got to show my 8th grade TechCommander class how to install a video card!
AND, IT WORKED!!!!

Then, I came home from work to a clean house!! Mark vacuumed, cleaned the kitchen, and did laundry. He even offered to make supper. Woot!

I realize this is a bunch of little things, but right now, I need to remind myself that it's the little things that count.

Pretty tape, Clorox wipes, and Yeet. Sometimes, it just doesn't get any better than this.






Comments