I threw away a pen today.

A working pen. A pen, that when I dragged its tip across the paper, produced an unbroken blue line. But I threw it away.

What do I have against blue pens? Or more importantly, what's the big deal about a pen? Well, if you asked that, you've never met me.

I have a thing for pens.

Especially cool pens. Or free pens. Or pens that come in sets. Or waterproof pens. Or permanent pens. Oh, and markers. And pencils. So yeah, I have a problem.


Well...looking at this picture, I guess I have a problem with office supplies in general.


Oh. And clearance items. I have a problem with clearance items.


And computers. I have a problem with pens, markers, pencils, office supplies, clearance items, and computers...

And none of these pictures show the box(es) of pens I have at school. I have a problem with collecting things, and keeping those things, even if I don't have a place to put them. Or a need for them. So once again, I am admitting I have a problem. I have too many pens. 

But today I took the first step toward recovery. I threw away a pen. (Nobody ever needs to know it was a plain, ugly, fine-tipped, ball point, boring, white plastic pen. That will be our little secret.)

I threw away a pen. Victory is mine.


Comments

  1. I have a dresser just for office supplies. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to. But I condensed it down into three huge storage containers. And two desk drawers. And a drawer at school. And three shelves in my cabinet in the classroom...

      Delete
    2. And a dresser that I just remembered I moved downstairs for office supplies. Sigh.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! BTW, the disorder is genetic.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment