No More Red Door

When we moved into this house 10 years ago, (GASP!), I loved the red front door. I still liked it yesterday, but it was getting rusty and chipped and ugly. The door handle was swinging freely, and it only locked half the time. So today, Austin and I bought some spray paint and a new lock and handle...

Before: (with a test spot)


 After: (Inside)



And outside...with the LEGO Welcoming Committee


It's got a distressed finish on it. Just perfect for Amityville, don't you think? Now I have to create something cool to hang on it. :)

Comments

  1. Love it! Looks really nice! I need to repaint mine, its about the color of you just painted. I want to paint it that color again. I think this time though I will put a protective top coat on it, since it gets so much sun. I do love red doors, but our HOA would not allow that at all.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment