Nessie


I really like my pond. It's an old cast iron tub we found in the shed. Filled it with water and some lilies, and occasionally goldfish will survive in it. Lately, we've had a visitor.
Meet Nessie...


Near as I can figure, she's a Ribbon Snake. Timid, but likes to swim. I can watch her from my computer desk. I think the goldfish in the tub are all too big for her to eat.


However...we've been having some issues with fish dying for no apparent reason. Then I realized that Crispy Fried likes to drink the pond water. And eat the goldfish food...I wonder if she's "accidentally" pecking at the fish enough to kill them?
I was able to get this picture today...she's just eating food there.

While I was out there, counting goldfish, I was able to get this picture. It's amazing that any of our fish survive at all!


If any fish can survive the chickens, cats and snakes, they will be worthy of living in our bathtub. I'm just glad goldfish are so cheap...


Comments

  1. Nessie is gorgeous and I'm not a snake person... So, that shocks me! LOL What a cute idea to do with an old bathtub... Love it. I've always wanted to buy an old clawfoot tub.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment