Our door is always open?

I guess I should take it as a compliment that all of the wildlife in the state of Texas seems to want to congregate in or near our house. I really only complain when they're hard to catch (inside) or dangerous. Here are some of the neat critters that I've actually been able to get pictures of...


This guy hung around last year. I haven't seem him or his buddies at all lately. Maybe wherever he wandered off to isn't suffering from a drought?


When I said, "Shoo, Toad, this is not what I had in mind." This will teach the boys to leave their shoes outside. (HA! Right. Dream on.)




Then there's Hawk-man. He's the one who was hanging around, waiting to eat the kitten. (Well, maybe not. but I sure wasn't taking any chances.)

You all heard about him. He's no longer with us. I wish he'd have taken all of his friends with him, too. These I can do without.

And, of course, beautiful Nessie. I haven't seen her around in a while. I hope the hawk didn't get her...

"Beep Beep!" Anyone seen an anvil around here? Lame, I know. He was really pretty cool. Hope he comes back around. I filled another water bucket out where he was taunting the cat.
And then there are some who have no choice but to come in the house. "Look what the cat dragged in" is completely realistic. I don't have any pictures of the LIVE mice, rats, birds or rabbits that I've rescued, but most of my scrapbook friends can attest to rabbits bounding through the living room. And if you look carefully, I'm sure you'll find feathers that I've missed on my desk and windowsills.

Comments