Summer, yes!!! Vacation? Not sure yet...

Well, I made it through the school year...now to continue the job search, fill the days with free/extremely inexpensive activities, get the house in pseudo-order, and attempt to maintain my sanity! Ha.


So in order to work toward a leaner budget, I figured I should do coupon stuff. I've tried before, but my, (ahem), "personality" does not lend itself toward keeping up with all those little slips of paper! By the time I get to the store, having possibly remembered my list, reusable bags (which make it to the car, but rarely into the store), money and children, coupons are at the bottom of my list of priorities. I've tried those little expanding coupon files and pre-made organizers, but they don't work for me. I'm too much of a "free-spirit." (Insert *giggle* here). Here's what I'm tinkering with now...


I loved this little girly notebook. Offsets some of the latent testosterone in the village.

I cut and folded small scraps of cardstock around each page (about 30 pages) to make a pocket, and help support the paper. Then I put specific store tabs on the front ones... 
**NOTE** These pictures are taken on top of my list of things to do. Which, in reality, is a list of things I've actually done. If I do stuff, and then make my list, it looks like I did more. 


 And specific food aisles on the back pages...


Then, toward the back, I put my standard list. Stuff that we always use. Then if it's on sale, I always have a list of stuff we will eventually need...no waste. (In theory, of course).

So this one is upside down, but I don't care. This is the Christmas and birthday list...I can keep track of whose birthday is coming, and if I've managed to buy them a gift or not. Usually "not," but hey, you never know, right?


Of course, it's a work in progress, but so far, I've actually remembered to use coupons! Whoop!! I also have a pocket in the front for the restaurant/amusement park coupons that may come in handy someday. With all the money I'll save, who knows. 

Comments